Looking at a lovely landscape is a pleasant, relaxing experience. But all landscapes look better if you add a certain, noble beast: the horse.
Horses are symbols of strength, beauty, and freedom, and these pictures give us a taste of all those.
1. It would probably be safe to say that Arabians look good from any angle. Still, as a photographer myself, I appreciate how the artist placed the eye in the center, since eyes naturally draw our focus. Excellent!
2. Photographing animals is hard; they don’t take orders and never hold a single pose for long. So this photographer did a good job. Plus, the simple black-and-white contrast is lovely.
3. This photo speaks for itself.
4. In addition to snow, I’ve also learned that horses look spectacular at the ocean. Case in point:
5. Many of us wish we looked this good at the beach!
6. As always, sunsets turn the world into a painting.
7. This photo is perhaps not as dramatic as some of the others, yet it has its own quiet charm.
8. Isn’t it amazing how the most ordinary activities can sometimes look extraordinary?
9. Mirror, mirror…
10. Some say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. They are wrong. Beauty is in the eye of the horse.
11. Where can I buy this?!
12. As I’ve said before, no list of lovely horses would be complete without a Friesian. Friesians are my favorite breed. As you can clearly see by this stallion, they are both strong and beautiful. No wonder they were the favorite mounts of knights!
13. A gorgeous flamenco-style dress + a magnificent horse = eye candy!
14. Not only is this photo a touching display of the equine-human bond, it is also creative. Not many photographers would think of aligning flowers in front of the subject and then blurring them out. It adds a nice touch of color to the frame. Well done.
15. Isn’t it cute how the horse craze starts early? I know for me it did. Many of my oldest toys were either Breyer horses or plush horses or some other kind of horses.
16. Wedding photos with horses may be cliche, but they are still lovely. I thought that this one was particularly so, what with the mist, the elegant feathering, and the soft pink sky. Beautiful!
And that’s the list; I hope you enjoyed it.
Which photo is your favorite? Do you have any pretty pictures that you’ve taken of equines? If so, please share them in the comments; I’d love to see them!
Next weekend, I plan on posting about man’s best friend.
See you then!